Day 56.
Sorry I've been slacking for the last few days, but my mom arrived in Taiwan! So I've been super busy making her try all kinds of new food and seeing different places around Taiwan.
Yesterday we went up to Taipei 101, the second tallest building in the world. It had an incredible view and got me excited about so many different things to do here! Too bad I only have 3 more weeks here to experience it all.
And this morning I ran the half marathon! It was pouring rain a lot of the time, but it was lots of fun. I met a ton of people and it was very different than any race I've ran in America. The post-race entertainment was traditional Taiwanese dancing. It was very cool.
My mom also got to come to class with me on the last day of Biblical Worldview, and she'll be here for the first couple of days of next week's class: Spiritual Warfare. We just met the speaker for this week. He and his wife run a school through YWAM in South Africa. I'm looking forward to telling you guys all about it!
"After forty days Noah opened a window he had made in the ark and sent out a raven, and it kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth. Then he sent out a dove to see if the water had receded from the surface of the ground. But the dove could find nowhere to perch because there was water over all the surface of the earth; so it returned to Noah in the ark. He reached out his hand and took the dove and brought it back to himself in the ark. He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth."~Genesis 8:6-11
THIS IS AMAZING!!!! so glad the race went well!
ReplyDeleteLove,
your siiiiiiiiister
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAh! That's awesome. CONGRATS on the race! :) Girl, please inspire me to run! hahaha
DeleteAnd the speaker from South Africa sounds awesome too! You know how much we both love AFRICA.
God Bless and much love,
your other sister
(or as Julianna would say siiiiiiiiister.)
*had to delete the last comment because I forgot the second parenthesis...haha
SOOO glad to have been a part of your life this past week - FULLY! (Well I just WATCHED the marathon). I loved every single moment being with you and meeting your friends and seeing what you are learning and experiencing. God is doing wonderful things in your life. You are an inspiration to me, and a blessing to so many. I love you so much sweet girl. Love Mom XOXO
ReplyDelete