"After forty days Noah opened a window he had made in the ark and sent out a raven, and it kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth. Then he sent out a dove to see if the water had receded from the surface of the ground. But the dove could find nowhere to perch because there was water over all the surface of the earth; so it returned to Noah in the ark. He reached out his hand and took the dove and brought it back to himself in the ark. He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth."~Genesis 8:6-11

Monday, April 23, 2012

未来 The Future

Day 28.

So every week, someone comes into our classroom and informs us about a different political or religious situation and we take time as a class to pray for it.  The first week we learned about the traditional religion of Taiwan and prayed that people here would come to know Jesus.  In subsequent weeks we have been learning about different ministries around Taiwan and been praying for their effectiveness.  We call this time Intercessory Prayer.

This past week a man came in to speak about the School of Frontier Missions.  It's a school run through this YWAM base that is focused specifically on unreached people groups.  For 3 months you study a certain culture and language of an unreached people group and learn ways to most effectively spread the gospel in a place where it has never been heard before.  Then you move to that place and live there for anywhere between 3 months and 2 years.

I've been wondering for a long time what to do after DTS is over in August.  I could go back to St. Olaf... I could work full time... I could go study the Bible intensively at a YWAM base elsewhere in the world... Really I feel like the world is my oyster.  However, I didn't really feel a pull in any certain direction until I heard about this school.  The next one starts in September.

I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment