"After forty days Noah opened a window he had made in the ark and sent out a raven, and it kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth. Then he sent out a dove to see if the water had receded from the surface of the ground. But the dove could find nowhere to perch because there was water over all the surface of the earth; so it returned to Noah in the ark. He reached out his hand and took the dove and brought it back to himself in the ark. He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth."~Genesis 8:6-11

Monday, April 2, 2012

周末 The Weekend!

Day 6.

Today I went to a wedding!
I probably understood 5% of what was said at the ceremony, but it was super cute.
There was only one maid of honor and one best man and they each presented their parents and their in-laws with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  The ceremony was a lot more like an American one than you might expect, but the couple is also Christian, so I guess it would be a lot different for a couple practicing the traditional Taiwanese religion.

The theme for this last week was 'Hearing God's Voice'.  We started reading a book called, "Is that really You, God?" by Loren Cunningham (the founder of YWAM).  It's the story of how God called him to start this booming ministry, and it's insane.  I seriously recommend it if you have time.  It's a quick read but it's full of amazing stories and tons of different ways people have heard God's voice.

On Friday, we practiced hearing God's voice.  Everyone in the room closed their eyes and a couple of people moved us into two lines and they had us pray for the person who was behind us (we didn't know who it was) and ask God for a character in the Bible and why that character fit them.

As soon as I started praying I sensed that the character was Paul and it was because God has a plan for this person to travel and set up churches around the world.  It freaked me out.  And then I wasn't sure if that was just me making that up or if it was actually God.  So I turned around (after the allotted time for praying was over) the person behind me was a girl named Violet.  I told her what I thought God had said and she started laughing and said that as she was praying for me to hear clearly, she had become Paul in her mind.

CRAZY.

This upcoming week's theme is the Character and Nature of God.  We're reading through the whole New Testament in 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment