"After forty days Noah opened a window he had made in the ark and sent out a raven, and it kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth. Then he sent out a dove to see if the water had receded from the surface of the ground. But the dove could find nowhere to perch because there was water over all the surface of the earth; so it returned to Noah in the ark. He reached out his hand and took the dove and brought it back to himself in the ark. He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth."~Genesis 8:6-11

Friday, April 6, 2012

暨 Outreach

Day 11.

Today they announced where we are going for outreach!
So, for those of you who don't know, the way that Discipleship Training School works is this: you spend 3 months in training at a YWAM base and then 2-3 months going out into the world to "make disciples of all nations".
So, on Monday, they announced that from our group of 14 students (one student joined our class earlier this week), we would be breaking into 3 groups. One would go to China, one to Thailand and one to the Philippines.
I'M GOING TO THE PHILIPPINES!

I'm so pumped.  I know almost nothing about the Philippines.  I pretty much know how to spell it.  And that it's really hot when we're going to be there.  I'll let you know as I find out more.

Today we also wrapped up the topic "The Character and Nature of God".  I don't think I've ever had so much confidence in God's power in my whole life.  It was especially cool being in a class full of people with drastically different backgrounds because in America we focus so much on God's love, but so many other students in class come from a place that focuses on God's enormity and justice and power.

It was also cool because we proved that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God, which is something that I had accepted as truth before, but now I would be able to explain how I know it's true to anyone who asked.  I guess I just gained a lot of understanding this week. YAY GOD!

1 comment: