"After forty days Noah opened a window he had made in the ark and sent out a raven, and it kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth. Then he sent out a dove to see if the water had receded from the surface of the ground. But the dove could find nowhere to perch because there was water over all the surface of the earth; so it returned to Noah in the ark. He reached out his hand and took the dove and brought it back to himself in the ark. He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth."~Genesis 8:6-11

Thursday, April 12, 2012

奇迹 Miracles

Day 17.

I've heard of and witnessed plenty of things that I would call miracles: people being healed, speaking in tongues, moms with super strength and agility when their baby is in danger... I'm sure many of you have heard of these things happening too.

But last night, I witnessed something that I never imagined I would see in my lifetime...

It all began around 11:00pm.  That's when the mosquitoes come out.  In Taiwan, they are nocturnal.  A bunch of us were staying up to work on a book report and it didn't take long before we got aggravated with the frequent buzzing in our ears and sucking of our blood.  We fought back hard.

We grabbed those suckers out of thin air. Without even looking up from our books.
The later it got, the more ninja-like abilities we had.
(In reality, we killed none of them and woke up our neighbors from banging on the walls with our shoes trying to kill them.)
But that's beside the point.

What really matters is what happened about 2 hours into the battle.
After grueling hours of disappointing, fruitless labor, we killed a mosquito with our minds.
This is not a joke, people.

That thing fell out of the sky on its own.  Right onto my laptop.
So we spent the next few minutes praising God.

 And today,  when we were all feeling very tired and very itchy, we would just remember that mosquito.

So if today you're feeling down in the dumps, I encourage you to remember the mosquito.
It has not yet failed to raise my spirits.



2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahhahaha! Oh my gooodness girl! You are so funny :) I knew you had mad mosquito killing skill last summer, but I didn't know it had reached this level!!

    Reeve

    ReplyDelete