Day 15.
TODAY WAS INSANE.
Starting today, every Tuesday and Thursday night, we are going to be out in Dan Shui (the area of Taipei that I live in) evangelizing. On Tuesdays I'm assigned to the university in Dan Shui.
So I was partnered up with my friend Sandra. She's from Taiwan, she's 24, and she graduated from this school two years ago. She thought it would be a good idea if we prayed beforehand and asked God to give us a picture of the person or people that He wanted us to talk to.
So we prayed and spent time in silence. In my head I saw a guy doing pull ups and a pair of boxy, black-rimmed glasses. She saw a pair of coffee-colored shorts and a volleyball court. So we went to the track.
We were keeping an eye out for any of these things and when we made it half way around the track, we still hadn't seen anything, so we just stopped and started talking to some random guy. While Sandra completely carried the conversation in Chinese, I stood there praying like crazy, and a guy wearing the glasses I had seen walked by us.
Sandra and I were quickly dismissed by the guy we had been talking to (he wasn't very interested) and I told her that I had spotted one of the guys we were looking for. We started following him and his friend around the track for a minute and they went off to the side and over to the pull-up bar!
I almost cried I was so happy. Honestly, I was in such disbelief, but I knew we had to talk to them. We told them that, much like they were raised to be obedient to and honor their parents, God, who created us, asks us to be obedient to and honor Him. We shared with them about Jesus and who He was. One of the guys was extremely interested in religion and the other one wanted to know how to pray to God. It was so exciting! We talked to them for a while and answered all of their questions and then prayed for them. The guy with the glasses had cancer in his nose, so we prayed for him to be healed. We left them with information about how to get to The Rock. (The Rock is a ministry here in Dan Shui that is a coffee shop run by YWAM.)
We still had another hour, and Sandra said no one was at the courts that she thought she had see the volleyball at, so we sat down and prayed again. Neither of us really heard anything from God, but as soon as we opened our eyes, there was another guy wearing the exact same boxy, black-rimmed glasses right behind us. So we started sharing the gospel with him.
It was incredible. He was so interested in everything we had to say and kept having questions. He shared about his life and about his beliefs and every time we told him more about our faith he wanted to know more. His name is Andrew. We ended up talking to him for over an hour.
It was such a cool day! YAY GOD!
"After forty days Noah opened a window he had made in the ark and sent out a raven, and it kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth. Then he sent out a dove to see if the water had receded from the surface of the ground. But the dove could find nowhere to perch because there was water over all the surface of the earth; so it returned to Noah in the ark. He reached out his hand and took the dove and brought it back to himself in the ark. He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth."~Genesis 8:6-11
!!!!!!!!!! is all I can say. how amazing girl. :)
ReplyDeleteYAY GOD!
ReplyDeleteYour courage and faith inspire me! Love, Dad
ReplyDeleteWay to go, God...and Katrina and Sandra!
ReplyDeleteAmazing. God is on the move
ReplyDeleteI have to admit - there have not been many times I've seen God work like that - so visibly answering your prayers - thanks for your testimony!
ReplyDelete